Have you ever wonder how to use an app to watch a movie with your friends together online? or you are looking for materials to use for your private outdoor theater where you gonna invite your friends in to watch a movie or a tv show together. methods on the internet can be very complicated with more sponsored apps and devices. for me I like more simple stuffs.
1) How to watch Netflix with friends online?
- How To Watch Netflix with your friends online on a laptop (Without using apps like: Rave or Teleparty…)
Some People are Skeptical about using those apps, for me honestly I like to hold on to my accounts information and try as possible to not use those apps. However, it’s only my preference.
What I use is: a Google Meet or Zoom. Then I share a link to the people that I want to watch a movie with. Then we all play the movie together at once, it’s a little traditional but its better and Free (for the use of Google meet and Skype).
And by the way, for those people who are going to use one Netflix account, i’m not recommending it, this is only for contact, plus you may run into copyright issues and problems too, plus it requires a strong laptop, with high speed internet. Because of the frame rate that movies have.
So if you guys just want to Chat about the movie together, you can use Messenger or Whatsapp (Facebook). And if you want to see each other while watching a movie that requires the use of a video chat, my best recommendations are Google Meet or Skype. Those I personally use.
Nothing complicated: Use the Netflix account to watch a movie then launch a second app google meet or skype. Ask your friends for a specific time and then launch the movie together at the same time, everyone has to have a separate Netflix account.
By the way, this method can be used with any streaming platform. Netflix Amazon Prime Youtube Tv or Hulu …etc
- How to watch Netflix with your friends online using a laptop and a phone.
For this one, if you want to separate the movie from the chatting app, you can use your phone as a chat box or camera if you want to see and speak with everyone while watching a movie.
- How to watch Netflix With Friends together on your Phone only? (but an app is required).
As for the phone users who don’t want to get involved with a laptop you need, a Rave app or teleparty, which can cost you some money of course. And the setup for those that are not good at using apps can be complicated, plus you need to enter your information within the app and you can’t see each other only a chat which can be disturbing plus i don’t really like the idea of using these apps, i like a free and simple to use ways to watch movies.
- How to use the Rave app:
- Download the Rave app (iOS, Android), open it on your phone
- Create an account with Facebook, Twitter or Google.
- Add friends by tapping the menu icon then click on > Friends. Search your friend’s name to add them. You can send text invites to join Rave through the app, too.
- Decide what you want to watch:
- Click the plus icon in the bottom right corner of your screen to see all your options.
- If the platform you want to use is free, you can start watching right away.
- For Netflix, you’ll need to sign in to your account.
- Press play on what you want to watch, and set the chat room’s visibility to private if you want to restrict the conversation to you and your friends.
Source: From the tom’s guide website.
2) How to watch Netflix with friends offline?
- How to watch Netflix with friends at an outdoor theatre.
For this one you need a better setup than just a laptop and an app. Watching outdoors has its own charm, and a whole different experience, the only downside is the weather if you are not under a big tent. The materials have to be waterproof, but it’s not required.
For cinema style, this one is unique and has a different experience than watching indoors. You’ll need:
- Projector Screen.
- Speakers (Wireless).
- Laptop or Fire Tv.
- Beans bags or couch.
- Netflix Account.
And if you are willing to spend a lot of money to buy a smart tv that is waterproof, that’s a different story, you will only need speakers, and a netflix account of course.
- How to watch Netflix with friends in an indoor theatre.
For indoor it more about the furniture and room instead of the materials, There is two ways to watch that,
- Use a smart tv and reduce the hassle of figuring out how to set up a screen projector inside windows or mac.
- Or use a normal tv but i recommend you choose one with a high resolution and learn how to use the projector screen on your laptop.
3) Recommended TV Shows to watch with friends.
- Recommended TV Shows to watch with friends that are under 40.
For people under 40 years old, it’s more likely that the new generation folks will like action crime sitcom genres of movies or tv shows. Personally, i recommend:
The Big Bang Theory, Friends, Suits, Hunger games, and Sherlock.
- Recommended TV Shows to watch with friends that are above 40.
For folks above 40 years old, they are more leaning towards educational stuff like survival, family gathering activities, documentary, investigations movies, those tend to bring a lot of old audiences. For those i recommend them to read Most recommended tv shows/movies for your parents.
We will be posting the recommended gears soon, we will study them and see which are the ones that are good for a better experience.
I like to make it clear for those who are into online movie party, its my personal opinion not to use those apps because i dislike giving my personal information to other people, the one i recommend in this article, i don’t use it (Rave app), i use only Google meet or skype sometimes zoom too. It’s more simple and organized. I don’t like messages popping up on the screen of my phone while watching. It’s disturbing.